I have designed a concept for the Flying Fruit Cafe’s Mobile App.
WHY I DID
Flying Fruit cafe did not have an app. It is a cafe inside the University of Baltimore. Customers have to personally come to the cafe in order to place an order. So, we wanted to make an app and I designed a concept for it.
HOW I DID
I started with User Research to put my finger on the questions like
– What type of users uses this cafe most?
– What are their actual needs and what are they looking for in the app or in the cafe?
– Why do they need an app? etc.
To achieve this, I visited the cafe during their working hours and spoke to the employees and some customers to gain more insight about the users and conducted semi-structured interviews to get the answers for those questions.
– This cafe is at the University of Baltimore, so many law students and professors would use this app.
– They generally get coffee and breakfast from this cafe. So, this app lets them order their breakfast from inside the class and pick it up during a break.
After I have gathered enough data about the cafe and its customers. Keeping their paper based menu system in mind I started sketching different screens and menus and to divide the information on the screens so it can be presented in an effective way.
Once I decide on how to divide the information and decide on the functionality and screens, I moved on to the wire framing to finalize design elements on the screens.